Thursday, August 23, 2012

Whine [wine] much?

I need someone to teach me how to teach my kid not to whine. I'm pretty sure she gets it honest though. She has turned into a monster when it comes to not listening and whining. I have discovered in the past 2 weeks that if you tell her not to do something - she's going to do it... and then whine when she gets in trouble.
She came to me today and held out her hand and looked at me with this stern glare [as stern as a 2 year old can get anyway]... when I questioned what she was wanting expecting she said, matter-of-factly, "Your phone." yikes. I know I'm on my phone too much and I probably let her play on it a bit too much as well... but when I told her no, that she couldn't have it, I was blessed with a loud "WHYYY????" [in the most whiny voice possible] followed by an attempted fake cry. geeze louise. I'm substitute teaching tomorrow and she's going to her former babysitters and I KNOW she's going to think she's hell heck-on-wheels now that she's home with mama all the time. [Phyllis - if you read this, I promise I don't let her walk all over me at home. there are rules... she just chooses to defy them here lately.] I know this is a phase... and it'll pass... :) I'm just praying for patience and wisdom as I try to discipline/instruct/help/teach/guide this beautiful little girl the Lord blessed me with! [and I say I'm ready for #2... maybe with the help of a little wine?! just kidding :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment