Monday, August 27, 2012

Body Pump!

I'M GOING BACK TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend Maria talked me into trying out her gym (Ladies First) in July of 08... I did and was instantly hooked! I continued even when I found out I was pregnant in March of 09 and worked out 3-4 times a week throughout my entire pregnancy. Unfortunately that gym didn't offer child care at the time and since I worked, I chose not to leave her any more than necessary and stopped going in October of 09. It has been that long since I went to a gym. Oh. My. Word.  My husband swore I was a different person when I worked out. I relieved stress and anxiety and came home calmer and happier... poor guy hasn't been off the hook for a while, lol. :) Well it changes today.

This is me & my mama wayyy back in 09 when she came to visit... we were on our way to the gym! :) 
Maria is now teaching at a "new" gym in town- Kinetix - and their prices are super fair. They also have child care and let's face it - I'm taking full advantage of my "freedom" as a stay at home mommy... :) I am returning to the wonderful world of BodyPump, BodyStep, Zumba, and so much more tonight at 5:30. I have been so excited all day long!!!! I can just feel the stress and anxiety floating away - lol. I am so super excited to burn some calories, meet some new friends, have some "me" time, relieve some stress, and get in shape!

So... wish me luck. I have a crazy friend that is trying to talk me into going to a spinning class tomorrow at 9:30. :)

-K

2 comments:

  1. Hope it went well! I haven't had the nerve to try Zumba (no rhythm whatsoever!). I'm going to try some type of "class" work out this fall though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer going to a class because I know I won't slack off... lol. BodyPump is a full body toning class that works every major muscle group. I loooooove it! BodyStep is intense cardio but needs a little rhythm, lol. I want to try a kickboxing class at some point! :)

      Delete