Thursday, August 30, 2012

knowing vs. believing

My devotional this morning inspired this blog... and it also happens to be something I struggle with - constantly.

"Do we truly KNOW that God is in control and do we believe that at all times?" - that was the statement made in my Fearless devo on the You Version app on my phone. It focused on Matthew 14 - when Peter attempted to walk on water but lost faith and started sinking. "Oh ye of little faith..." - which is me through and through. Because I KNOW that God is in control and I KNOW His plans are greater than mine and I KNOW that He is faithful and loving and my constant... yet I don't always trust and believe this. I don't have a strong faith that helps me through trials struggles daily life. I tend to rely on my own self which is where all my troubles begin.


I'm challenging myself to stop worrying about everything and instead know that God promised to take care of them - finances (I did just quit my job... so $'s a little tight and I freak out easily!), future children, buying a house... all of these things are weighing heavily on my mind here lately, and I can easily get wrapped up in what I want rather than what God wants. I can easily stress myself out and get anxious and upset [which always results in taking it out on the Mr.]. So - while I know that I'll still worry, I'm going to try remind myself daily... that God is in control. :)










So that this munchkin can grow up having a faith that believes  God can and will move mountains...




No comments:

Post a Comment