Tuesday, September 25, 2012

crafting fail.

everyone posts their crafting success stories. i'm posting about my fail... and frustration!

I went out bright & early this morning (thanks to my dry shampoo!) to the craft stores to buy the following:
-Krylon glitter spray pain
-foam wreath (rounded, not flat on the back/front)
-felt

I found the spray paint (not at acmoore or lowes... finally at michaels), but they were VERY limited in their colors. I ended up with bronze because all the other fallish colors were gone. ok. I can deal with this.

I found wreaths, but none that were rounded. Michael's had 1 in the back... so I bought it (after asking begging for it). No more in the back. None in the store. ACMoore didn't have any either.

I found lots of felt. :) score!

{{I also found a small letter D and a small square plaque thing to put it on so I thought I'd add to some fall decor, paint the plaque white and the D in the glitter spray, attach the D to the plaque and viola! cute decor}}

Come home... get excited... spray paint the D [it's seriously like 5" tall] and then start spray painting the wreath... the can starts fizzing and spraying out clear liquid half way through. Now, this may be a normal thing for empty spray cans, but since I am not a spray painter per say I was clueless. My wreath was only half painted. It wasn't that big of a wreath. ugh.

So now I have a finished D, a half finished wreath that has paint streaks drying and guess what happens... the grass cutters ride by and blow grass all over my wreath. oh. my. gosh.

I gave up. Any suggestions?

[The D is finished and attached. I'll update when my phone is done charging and I can post pictures of both. sigh.]

No comments:

Post a Comment