Tuesday, March 5, 2013

House Update & Happy Birthday!

Well ladies and gentlemen... we have been up and down with this house and got the dreaded news this morning. Yuck Bluck as my Granny Gardner would say. :( Here's the deal.

Offered. Countered. Accepted. WOOHOO!
Inspection...eh. Not great not horrible. Present concerns to seller. He fixed the majority. WOOHOO!
Our main concern (because it's a really old house that's been renovated/updated and hasn't been lived in in nearly 2 years) was the septic tank/drain field. Ask seller to have this checked. He agreed to the very basic inspection, but not the one with cameras that would give us clear insight into the condition of both the tank and field. We went back and forth on walking or paying to have it done, but in the end, we liked the house so much that we thought we should go ahead and fork over the money (Supposedly $225) and have it done. If the drain field had been bad it would've been a $20,000 repair. Um. No thanks. So... it was done this morning at 8:30 (my birthday morning... sigh). No good news came of it.

Basically the pipe that runs from the septic tank to the distribution box/drain field was unable to be looked at because it was so filled up with mud. They couldn't get their cameras in there to even figure out everything that was wrong. They also charged us $370 instead of $225 because of all the extra drilling they had to do. UGH. Happy Birthday to me huh? So... we gave the information to our realtor who will pass it along to the seller and his realtor and we will see if the seller is interested in fixing it. If he isn't, which we highly doubt he will because he's a scrooge (according to the realtors, lol)... well we will be back at square 1. literally. And have I mentioned that baby boy is due in 16 weeks??? I'm trying to stay positive and not let this ruin my day/week/month but it's tough. Hence the reason I'm writing this. I don't want to have to tell all my friends and family over and over today and tomorrow etc. I just know it will bum me out even more the more I explain it.

Now... we ALMOST didn't have the inspection done. Everyone said we were possibly worrying tooooo much and that drain fields etc are almost never bad and yadda yadda, but BOY am I glad we "over reacted" and got this done or we'd be screwed. Thank you Lord for giving us insight and wisdom and parents who are overly thorough with things, lol. I say that with a smile, but I'm serious. I'm very thankful we listened to the wise words of Billy's parents and our home inspector and had it checked out. Praise the Lord for helping us not get in financial trouble... but if anyone wants to write us a check for $370 to cover the cost of this inspection, feel free. :) I'm pretty sure we're back to using credit cards for the rest of the month since we are officially broke as a joke.

So now... we wait? I guess. lol We are waiting to hear back from the seller to see if he's going to fix it. If not... we search... for something else... in our price range... without a lot of updates... which is easier said than done! :) But... something I have known for years and that I truly believe despite my constant worrying...

God is in control. His will and plans are bigger and better than our own...and He will take care of us and our beautiful little family! ((Can someone remind me of this when I start boohooing over the fact that we aren't finding anything and baby will be here etc. etc.?! I'm almost 100% guaranteeing that's going to happen...)) "I belittle the God of the universe by worrying about things He already has under control..."

Thanks for listening. Pray for us. xo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment