Saturday, February 9, 2013

House Hunting Blues

The point of this blog was to document important stuff in life so I wouldn't forget it in the future... and to keep my family/friends in the loop. Well... enjoy today's post.

We are house hunting. We've been looking for awhile, but now we are full on hunting... and last weekend [Sunday to be exact] we found 2 great possibilities. Well Sharon & Billy [the in-laws] came up this weekend to go see these great possibilities with us... He's a builder so his input is important to us. We arrive. We go in. We love. They [and us] loved everything about this one house... it's newness, it's openness, it's size... we loved it. We went down in the basement to the unfinished part and Big Billy set to work making plans for adding the 4th bedroom, bathroom, and laundry room. It was so exciting. We were ready. We were decided. The other house was now just something to compare to, but we knew what we wanted. The our Realtor comes in the room and with a hug and and I'm sorry informs us that the house sold. yesterday. and it's a solid deal. I'm beyond bummed.

We go to the 2nd house. It's not what we want. It's huge, it's nice enough, but it's going to cost a lot to fix the stuff that needs fixing and money is not something we have a lot of... and on and on. We leave. I cry. I was so eager and excited and hopeful. I feel that everything Billy & I do ends up being difficult... or harder than it seems for others. "Comparison is the thief of Joy..." I need to remember that. We are so lucky to have what we have and be where we are and the list goes on. I am so stinking blessed... I'm just struggling today. I want a home of our own... I want a place that is ours... I'd really love it if we're there before Baby Boy comes... I'm feeling let down/disappointed/bummed/greedy/selfish/impatient/humbled... a bunch of different emotions. Sigh.

We rode around... saw 2 more others randomly... both were a no. We rode some more. We got some lunch. It's nap time now and Meredith & I are here... I'm thinking I may nap too. Sharon, Billy, & Billy are out riding and looking some more. Bless their hearts. Our Realtor is awesome. I love him. He's looking too. I know it'll come in time. I know that praying for the Lord's will will lead us to the right home. I know that we are staying within budget for a reason. I know that comparing what we can have to others isn't right and it's only going to cause frustration. I know that comparing will steal our joy in this... so I'm not. I'm going to keep on doing what we've been doing. But... for today... I'm bummed. And annoyed. And disheartened. And... tired of looking at houses.

It's cookies & milk time. :) That's what Baby Boy wants anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment