Thursday, October 11, 2012

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due...


Something that's been on my heart lately is that I'm super thankful with how the Lord is blessing us this year. He provided for us financially (and still is!)... He allowed Billy to find a job... a job that Billy really likes [thank goodness!!]... and a job that he's kicking butt in - so much that he got a "promotion" and is getting a permanent [ok is anything really permanent?] position with Forest... and we are just so thankful. He allowed me to stay at home with Meredith... He's blessed us with Phyllis, our child care provider while I was working full time and now when I sub... Speaking of that, He's blessed me with subbing jobs each week... He's providing and teaching and loving us... like He always had, but I was too blind to see.

A year ago I was angry with God & Billy... for so many personal reasons... only to finally realize that my issue was ME - I wanted control... I wanted MY plans... and when I finally stopped and allowed God HIS timing and HIS way [which is what I had been saying I wanted, but my heart wasn't following my words!]... everything fell into place.  THANK YOU LORD!! 

***Thank you also to my small group ladies for not being shy and instead pointing out my faults... for calling me out on my selfishness and my personal desires and encouraging me to TRULY seek God's will! I respect and value your friendship in my life more than you know.***

So... that's been on my heart. I'm trying to focus on what I'm blessed with instead of what I'm still without.. and my heart is full.

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment