Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Try This Again...

I have big goals for 2015. Business, personal, family, biblical... One personal goal is to get back to blogging. In high school I journaled all the time. I filled up notebook after notebook of my "Dear Diary..." ramblings. In college I journaled in calendars. I wrote down bullet points of what I did each day. It was so great to go back and see how things had changed etc. As I got into the professional world I kept up with the calendar journaling, but slacked off a ton once I left teaching and entered into full time mommy-hood. I want that to change. So here I am. I have a laptop now so the lack of computer thing isn't an excuse. I'm not nursing a baby anymore so the one handed reason is no longer an excuse... now it's just laziness and forgetfulness. :) 

2014 was wonderful. life changing really. We left the baby stage behind (sniff, sniff) and learned how to manage & enjoy life with 2 kiddos. Meredith started her last year of preschool at HUMPreschool, Micah transitioned to 1 nap a day (really, this is a milestone, because 2 naps sucks the flexibility out of my day! lol). Billy & I focused on our relationship more and started having regular date nights (thanks, Kaitlyn!). We joined a small group and become more active with serving at our church, Brentwood. We paid off debt, visited family, and celebrated Chad & Hailey's wedding (yea for having a new sister!!). We went on vacation with Billy's family and spent time with our England family as well (here, not there...). With Billy's support and encouragement I started my own health and wellness business through Arbonne... and it changed our family's life. Billy & I have been so blessed by that journey and even though there have been struggles and frustrations - I wouldn't trade a second of it. I've grown as a person, a leader, a mom, and a wife and I'm truly thankful for the friends I've made and the freedoms I've enjoyed because of Arbonne. I was able to earn an amazing all expense paid 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean courtesy of Arbonne! Woohoo! I truly never thought I'd be a part of "one of those" companies but now I can't see myself NOT being a part of one!! We thank the Lord daily for bringing that opportunity into our lives. 

2015... you have a lot to compete with, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. Here's to a new year... and a lot of new beginnings, new faces, new opportunities, and new fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment