Monday, January 26, 2015

great friends.

Recently Billy & I went on an emotional roller coaster ride as we (and by we, I mean he) interviewed for a position that would move us to Richmond. We had a list of pros and cons and left it up to the Lord for direction and guidance. In the end, we (and by we, I mean Billy) didn't get the position and are staying in Lynchburg. But thinking about moving caused us to really think about what we would be losing by leaving. We knew we would gain amazing & wonderful things in Richmond. We knew we would be blessed to call it home and be near family. I was also excited because one of my best friends currently lives there and I would finally live near her again. But we also knew that moving meant we had to lose a few things here in Lynchburg and start fresh. One thing we were confident in though, was that we have built friendships here that are more like family. Ones that would, without a doubt, withstand us moving.

We should all be so lucky to find friends that are more than just a friendly face in the crowd. I know I am that lucky. I have found friends that are family. sisters even. Ones that take my cranky, whiny, exhausting kids on days that I'm at my breaking point. Ones that bring me coffee just because they know I'm tired. Friends that ask to meet for lunch at Chick-fil-a because the kids can play in the play place while we talk. Friends that have a wine night so we can quite literally whine. Friends that talk about important and sensitive issues because it's necessary and important. Friends that call you out on your ridiculousness and challenge you to be better. Friends that get together for birthdays and celebrate another year of life. Friends that send encouraging messages or hilarious videos just to make your day a little better. Friends that remind you to seek God above all else... to focus on His blessings and not your frustrations... Friends that send you scripture and pray for you (even if your requests are trivial compared to things going on in the world). I am so so so lucky to have these friends.

~~~

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phil. 4:8

This verse was sent to me with the message to be overwhelmed by God instead of the world, exhaustion, pride, and struggles of the flesh.

~~~

I hope you have these friends in your life for so many reasons, but mostly because I know the benefits  of finding them. Mine help make me a better Christian, person, wife, mother, & friend.... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment